We are called to be the church . . .
We are . . .
• a congregation that reaches out to the community
• a more-than-welcoming congregation
• an Affirming church of the United Church of Canada
• a warm and inclusive community
• a mix of a multi-faceted and multi-talented group of individuals using our talents and gifts to bring the word of God to everyone we meet in our lives
we . . .
• welcome people just as they are
• create and work on programs that will allow us to learn and understand and contribute to our community and beyond.
• try to live and share and bring people into the community of Jesus Christ through our work and our faith
we encourage . . .
• others in today’s world to listen and learn with us as we join together in following the example of Jesus
• talking, sharing, diversity of views, sharing a meal together, working with other community people and projects outside the walls of the church
• the learning and understanding of other faiths and denominations, realizing this knowledge enriches our experience of living in an ever-changing world
a new creed
We are not alone,
we live in God’s world.
We believe in God:
who has created and is creating,
who has come in Jesus,
the Word made flesh,
to reconcile and make new,
who works in us and others
by the Spirit.
We trust in God.
We are called to be the Church:
to celebrate God’s presence,
to live with respect in Creation,
to love and serve others,
to seek justice and resist evil,
to proclaim Jesus, crucified and risen,
our judge and our hope.
In life, in death, in life beyond death,
God is with us.
We are not alone.
Thanks be to God.