We often live our lives in linear time … seeing life with a beginning and an end. Stepping back to view life from God’s perspective, we open ourselves to new possibilities. Instead of moving from birth to death, we are invited to focus on God’s transformative presence in all the moments and cycles of our lives. This Week of Guided Prayer will help us discover how in God’s time …
– hidden in joyful endings are challenging beginnings
– wonderful new beginnings can be revealed through painful endings
– traumatic beginnings may lead to abundant possibilities
– despair can open into hope.
This Week of Guided Prayer will provide us the opportunity to experience God’s presence with us through the moments of endings and beginnings of our lives. Living in God’s time is trusting that God is with us through our joys and sorrows – our trials and our opportunities – We are invited to deepen our relationship with the One who is Holy Mystery, Wholly Love – the Alpha and Omega.
Week of Guided Prayer is focused on enabling participants to attend a prayer “retreat” while still maintaining their normal daily routine. It is an opportunity to grow with God through private personal prayer and sharing with an assigned trained prayer companion or a chosen prayer partner (God can be your partner).
Commitment to Week of Guided Prayer involves three things:
- Attending an opening session on Sunday, May 1 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm (online, unless you have previously registered).The session will include instruction on praying scripture.
- For each day of the retreat week, from Monday to Friday, spending 30 minutes praying scripture at home, and then meeting for another 30 minutes with your prayer companion or partner, either in person or online.
- Attending a closing session on Saturday, May 7 from 9:30 to 11:00 am (online, unless you have previously registered).
Week of Guided Prayer is led by Rev. Maya Landell and Stephen Leader Dale Kucharczyk.