Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Godly Play Room
Sunday, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
November 28, 2021
Godly Play is a program of Christian spiritual formation that teaches children how to use the Christian language — parable, sacred story, liturgical action and silence — to become more aware of the mystery of God’s presence in their lives.
When Christian language is learned through the Godly Play approach, it is a means to know God and to make meaning of our lives. This approach is quite different from the traditional model in which the teacher tells the children what they need to know. Each of the stories of God’s people is told in a way that connects with the child’s own experience and relationship with God.
Godly Play respects the innate spirituality of children and encourages curiosity and imagination in experiencing the mystery and joy of God.
Credit: St. Bede’s Menlo Park
At Islington United Church we currently offer Godly Play on Sunday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30 am — the same time as our first Sunday Worship Service. We welcome children from ages 3 to 12 to participate in Godly Play.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If possible, please let us know in advance if your child(ren) will be attending Godly Play by emailing Cynthia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Godly Play begins at 9:30 am and ends when worship services finish.
- Drop your children off between 9:15 and 9:25 am at the Chapel Doors (north-west side of the building, off of the front circular driveway and parking lot). The children will be able to leave their coats outside the Godly Play room.
- If you plan to attend the 9:30am in-person worship service, we encourage you to register in advance when possible (do not include your children when you register yourself).
- We ask that you do not attend if you or your children are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please ensure your child(ren) are wearing masks (we have extras if you forget). We will remain masked the whole time we are together.