- September 12, 2021
- Sunday, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Blessing of the Backpacks
Sunday, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
September 12, 2021
The start of the school year is an important time for children, parents, relatives, and friends alike. It marks a new season of growth, friendship, and life lessons. Whether you are looking to this new year with hope, concern, or both, we believe that a blessing and a token of love can go along way for the children and youth (and adults!) who carry these backpack tags with them through each day!
Children, teens, and adults are all invited to join Cynthia Smithers (Children and Families Ministry Coordinator) and Amy Crawford (Godly Play Storyteller and Trainer and Islington United VAM), for The Blessing of the Backpacks drive-through on September 12 between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. This is an outdoor event.
Here is how it works:
- Arrive anytime between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. Maya will greet and register you at the entrance to the front parking lot on Burnhamthorpe Rd. (Chapel entrance). She will guide you to move your car forward through the driveway toward the blessing.
- When it is your turn, please advance your car to where Amy and Cynthia are standing. Please ensure that all participants are wearing masks and remain in the car. Please do not park or stop in the parking lot.
- Be sure to bring your backpack, purse, briefcase, or satchel to be blessed and receive your tag. You will be invited to hold your bag out of the car window to receive a blessing. Alternatively, we can bless your tags before handing them to you. Cynthia will have some extra treats and surprises for the children.
- Once you have received your blessing, please remain in your car and exit the driveway via Burnhamthorpe Cres.
Note: Hand sanitizers will be available on site for families and individuals to use before and after the blessing. Our Faith Formation team will wear masks and maintaining two metres of physical distance during the blessing. We ask you to do the same.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you will join us for the Blessing of the Backpacks.
If you are not able to attend, please contact the church office at email@example.com to arrange for the pick up or mailing of the tag(s).
All are welcome!