It’s Labour Day Weekend. What gratitude I have for the labours that have been happening in our ministry:
- birthing a new theme for the worship year ahead (We Make the Road by Walking)
- resuming recordings in the sanctuary for online worship
- releasing my daily Facebook live messages
- welcoming the German International School of Toronto (GIST)
- returning to meditation and music making
- completing construction on the kitchen shortly while the office remains closed due to ongoing work
- Church Council working hard at governing with integrity and depth of faith
- offering pastoral care in abundance
- warming people’s hearts and bodies with lovingly made prayer shawls
And there is lots on the horizon, too:
- backpacks ready to be blessed this Thursday
- food bank preparing to start up
- Giving Garden abundant in harvest
All of it the work of being the people of God together, seeking justice, loving kindness and walking humbly with God.
As we begin a new season, just pause and notice this moment. Don’t miss the gift of being Alive.
May this prayer be ours this weekend, whatever our labour:
God, today is the last like this. This place, this people, this moment – it will never again be just like this. Cause our eyes to see everything in our life afresh. I may not pass by here agin. Now is not a forever grace, but amazing grace.
— Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts Devotional
Christ’s peace and the Spirit’s wisdom abounds.
Rev. Maya Landell